Advanced Foot And Ankle Medical Center - Dr. Hai-En Peng - Excessive X-Rays for Minor Sprain
I took my 14 year old son to visit Dr.Hai-En Peng at his Advanced Foot and Ankle Medical Center located in Thousand Oaks, California July of 2012.
My son had avery minor ankle sprain and I was seeking exercise ideas to help strengthen his ankle. My son had previously seen a pediatrician who told me the sprain was so minor he didn't need X-rays but did think seeing someone who knew exercise tips would be beneficial. I went to see Dr. Peng.
Dr. Peng insisted my son needed an X-ray just to make certain there wasn't any hairline fracture. I figured one X-ray view just to be safe would be O.K. Dr.
Peng took 8 different views.
When I questioned Dr. Peng, he became nervous and told me he took multiple views of every ankle sprain no matter how minor. When I got home I spoke with 2 doctors that I know. One is my brother who is an internal doctor, the other a friend who is a podiatrist.
They both were shocked and said since 3 views is standard, they could not understand why any doctor would take so many. When I told them my son could bare weight on the ankle and there was only minor swelling, both doctors were even more surprised.
I took my son just 2 days later to a physical therapist to get those exercise tips and she just shook her head and told me she didn't think he needed one let alone 8. I called my insurance company and reported it as insurance fraud. Dr.
Peng had the x-ray equipment in his facility and I have read online doctors are much more apt to take x-rays if they have office equipment. When I emailed Dr. Peng and questioned him about so many views, his story changed about giving multiple views to all sprains.
I question any doctor who changes their story.I would never return to this facility.108b1664 review #360023
You may also like
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."
- "Went to Labcorp for medical tests Sarasota. There were several elderly patients arguing with confrontational Labcorp employees that they had provided urine samples, staff insisted they had not. Elderly man..."
- "Spent $10,000 on hair transplant from Bosley Manhattan and this is my results..."
- "I purchased a couch from them Oct 2014. After calling them several times, the couch finally arrived in Dec or Jan. When we received it, it had a missing leg..."
- "I visited Sono Bello on 07/01/2015 for a laser liposuction procedure in St Louis Mo. I was left with one side of my back larger than the other. ..."
- "i eat here at the tgi in altoona pa all the time and its always great but this time i went and i always get the same thing jack daniels..."
- "I just recently decided to start bidding on Quibids. I thought it was pretty nice, until I decided to hover my mouse over one of my competitors. I looked at..."
- "This Asian Beauties (AsianBeauties.com) website requires that you purchase expensive credits. You must pay 10 credits to open/read every letter, and pay 10 credits to respond to every letter. 10..."
- "Investigativeguy John Mattes uncovered a great federal program last year designed to help the unemployed.The program provided free gas cards for the unemployed so they could look for work. Does..."