Advanced Foot And Ankle Medical Center - Dr. Hai-En Peng - Excessive X-Rays for Minor Sprain
I took my 14 year old son to visit Dr.Hai-En Peng at his Advanced Foot and Ankle Medical Center located in Thousand Oaks, California July of 2012.
My son had avery minor ankle sprain and I was seeking exercise ideas to help strengthen his ankle. My son had previously seen a pediatrician who told me the sprain was so minor he didn't need X-rays but did think seeing someone who knew exercise tips would be beneficial. I went to see Dr. Peng.
Dr. Peng insisted my son needed an X-ray just to make certain there wasn't any hairline fracture. I figured one X-ray view just to be safe would be O.K. Dr.
Peng took 8 different views.
When I questioned Dr. Peng, he became nervous and told me he took multiple views of every ankle sprain no matter how minor. When I got home I spoke with 2 doctors that I know. One is my brother who is an internal doctor, the other a friend who is a podiatrist.
They both were shocked and said since 3 views is standard, they could not understand why any doctor would take so many. When I told them my son could bare weight on the ankle and there was only minor swelling, both doctors were even more surprised.
I took my son just 2 days later to a physical therapist to get those exercise tips and she just shook her head and told me she didn't think he needed one let alone 8. I called my insurance company and reported it as insurance fraud. Dr.
Peng had the x-ray equipment in his facility and I have read online doctors are much more apt to take x-rays if they have office equipment. When I emailed Dr. Peng and questioned him about so many views, his story changed about giving multiple views to all sprains.
I question any doctor who changes their story.I would never return to this facility.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "OMG dont do it , its a joke I had surgery 2014 I look worse than I did before the staff was very nice my self-esteem have went down..."
- "You have seen on the news just how much the state & federal agencies we pay taxes to that are suppose to protect us but don't!!!!!! Here is just..."
- "Spent $10,000 on hair transplant from Bosley Manhattan and this is my results..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "Please see the attachment capturing my experience with this company. I am disheartened at the fact they acknowledge I never got my item and refuse to refund it. They will..."
- "I saw there ad on facebook, and those Chinese pretending to sale LV are just thieves. They need to be arrested for fraud and hazardous chemical use. They show a..."
- "These pictures show the before grooming and after grooming of my niece's puppy, Max. A once affectionate and fun-loving dog is now a neurotic mess. He won't come..."